Saturday, March 7, 2015

Five Star Melds are Coming Soon

Well we got big news today which could be good or bad. The long awaited arrival of the Five Star Melds is happening soon. I saw it in the notices earlier today so I figured I would tell those of you who havent seen it yet. The good news is that this adds new dimension to the game...The bad news is that in my humble opinion it really stacks the deck towards players who spend vast sums of money to acquire cards. Two examples that support this.



Five Star Melds



1. I have been playing since Christmas and only have a star membership. At this time I only have seven 5 stars cards.

The only duplicate I have is Thalassa which is farmed from Unseals.

2. Three of my seven 5 star cards are unseals which I am not going to be able to meld because I could never acquire enough of them. That leaves me with four 5* cards. At the rate I acquire 5* cards I will be retired by the time I have a successful meld. Maybe now that I have passed 8-11 Five Stars will come more frequently I don't know.

Unless they bump up the rate of 5*  acquisition I will never have a chance to meld a 5 star.



The Silver Lining



Even though I will probably never meld a 5 star I can still evolve them. Which makes my most powerful cards like Thalassa that much harder to kill.


Sorry for this rough post but it is just a quick reaction piece to organize my thoughts. As we deal with the fallout/changes that happen because of this, I wlll organize this post into a hopefully more useful resource. But I did score one helpful tip in there for those of you who have extra cost in their decks.



Related Topics


Master Melding Guide
3 Star Melds

No comments:

Post a Comment