Saturday, June 6, 2015

Deck Heroes Runes Guide

I must say that I am very very impressed with the runes. They look like a lot of fun so far. Its going to complicate the game even more but in a fun way. And I am so glad that you can buy runes with something else other than gems. I know Runes are going to give the Rich Kids yet another advantage but the ability to buy them with glory points allows all of us to play around with them and enjoy.

Having a good Curse Deck is going to be essential for you F2P players to stay competitive. On the flip-side now you should have 0 glory saved when offline to avoid getting raided. You can spend it down to 0 on runes. I have purchased runes with Gems and the rewards were negligible so I don't think i am going to spend a lot of $ on Runes. I will probably stick to glory points.

Here is a quick breakdown from Stargater on Runes. Haven't had time to watch it just yet but it looks like a good start. I have more in depth videos below.



Basic Breakdown of Runes


There are two types of Runes (basically). Those that enhance your cards and those that enhance your heroes. The different colors of the runes correspond to rarity and strength. I believe that orange is the rarest. You can enhance runes just the way you can cards and you can remove them for 10k so you can transfer it to another creature or swap it out for a better one.

Hero Runes are Required to enhance hero runes and Regular Runes are required to enhance regular runes.

I was going to continue writing the basics of runes but Kakola and Mortivore created this Badass Runes Google Document with all the runes stuff on it. It even tells you what every rune does and everything. I might have to start using google Docs myself.

Rune Tips

Upgrade your rune by searching for the card to get the correct rune. For example Search for your oracle, click on runes and then click upgrade on that particular rune. Otherwise it is very difficult to upgrade the right rune. Glad they added this option though.

Guild War days are good days to draw runes because you get a ton of glory after the wars.

Runes that Enhance Heroes




Furor: For example one of the good runes I drew was a hero enhancing rune called Furor (green). It gives me more Rage in the beginning of the match. I put this on my Chaos Witch (for now) because if she gets her talent first, then the enemy hero will lose rage and die quicker. This is just for now because I have no idea what I am doing.

Runes that Enhance Cards


Deception: This is a rune that enhances Assassinate and Picking off. I have a rare one and put it on my Eye of Johnarra. It gives me 5% (unenhanced) chance to increase damage  by 50%...If its picking off damage it totally sucks, if its attack damage its awesome. I will have to play around with it and see.

Tentative Rune Development Strategy


I am thinking about only developing runes that are green or better...the benefits from the common runes are so miniscule that it I think its better just to focus on the good runes like my Purple Poison Rune for Anathema. I am not 100% on this though..still working it all out.

Here is another video by Ragnorak. I havent had time to watch it yet sorry.

Ragnorak Rune Intro





Advanced Rune Management







Ragnorak published the Rune Management Spreadsheets and you can find a copy of them by following the link. Well that is all that i have right now. I will be adding more to this post as I go so check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment