Friday, April 24, 2015

Deck Heroes PVP Sucks Rant

This is my rant about why Deck Heroes PVP sucks. I will then itemize the various PVPs of Deck Heroes in order of suckiness. I love this game. I really do. The deck building is unlike (and awesome) any other cardgame I have ever played. I have an idea for a way better one but what can you do I can't code apps so it will probably never happen. But the PVP is some of the worst that I have played. And its not because I suck at it okay. I have a 70% winrate.

This all basically came about two nights ago after a Guild War. I popped onto World Chat to have a few laughs before doing my nightly raids and it was the usual Post Guild War Dick Comparison Contest. I guess the Wight Supremacists didn't make number 1 this time and a couple of the guys were really letting them have it. (its just my joke name for them. I am not bitter about them being Elite. Someone has to be #1 and I am too casual a player for it to be me).

So Global Chat soon descended into guys from WK cussing out some other guys and vice versa (if you were there you know who they are). And I am not taking sides. I like people on both sides. But World Chat just descends into a giant verbal brawl after Guild Wars. It kind of sickens me how personal both sides take the game. Its a game that is supposed to be fun. I do not base my self esteem by how good at Deck Heroes I am. I just like the game and want to have fun.

But inevitably some WK guy told one of the Chat Rogues that they shouldn't be butthurt because they weren't as good a deck builder as they were. This is where I took offense. Because it isn't Deck Building it is Deck Buying. The top players have all spent a fortune to get there. Its okay because I knew that this was a Pay 2 Win game when I started.

But it isn't really deck building when the Arena is automated. I don't have the option of putting my creatures where I want them like in Dungeon Maps. "Deck Building" is basically choosing whether you want a Disposal or Antidisposal Deck then then doing some lame autofight against your opponent.

Now this is not an insult to WK or any Top Player okay this is not my point. This isn't my first P2W game and its cool. I used to play WoW with guys that just bought their characters. It is fine. Plus some of the top guilds advantage comes from having more guild maps open with better creature shards. My point is that I wish PVP was more skill based and less random. I get why IGG does it because it makes players want to spend gems acquiring those marquee endgame creatures.

I do concede that there is a minimal amount of skill at knowing how your hero creatures stack up against your opponents but it it is just not involved enough for me.

What I do like about DH is that you can meld really awesome creatures and you have the freedom to try and make your own combinations. Shard drop rates are getting so abysmal now though that I am starting to get bored (not yet but starting to). It takes me a 3-7 days to farm any creature of worth and sometimes longer.

I just want to reiterate that this rant is not directed at WK or any other Top Guild. I am a Day 1 player. I was there when guilds came out. I elected not to start my own guild because I didn't want to put the time into. My wife already hates how much time I spend playing lol.

So now I will rank the different PVP features of Deck Heroes in order of suckiness.

Deck Heroes PVP Suck Ranking

Sky Arena Definitely Does Not Suck

Champion Gauntlet - I used to hate the gauntlet but now that IGG has made it so your characters refresh after awhile; I really enjoy this one. I am making my way through the Gauntlet everyday and having fun. It doesn't really suck at all anymore.

1. Tournaments - Even though I haven't been very good at Tournaments yet I like this pvp the next best. Its something I haven't seen before and the fact that I would not want to have to place my own creatures in 3 seperate fights makes me hate the autofight pvp thing a little abit less. Tournament only marginally sucks because it reminds me how much I hate the Arena.

2. Raids. I am awesome at raids. I farm about 15-30k in Glory a night depending on how patient I am and how good the targets are. My curse deck is sicker than the one posted in the video. But I don't need manual pvp for this function. All my creatures are basically the same and I just press auto/skip and collect my Glory. I need the manual pvp for the...

3. Arena - Arena started out as the true test of how you ranked in Deck Heroes and it is where I really hate the AutoPVP. Its not really the best player who wins its just the one who can afford to buy the best deck. If it was manual I would have the opportunity to use strategy to overcome my opponent instead of basically watching a horse race (no offense but Horse Races rank about as high as Golf on the excitement meter). They are maximum Boring.

4. Which leads to Guild Wars which sucks the most. Not counting the cheating, I just hate it because it requires so much time to partake in. I barely have enough time in my day to make a marginal attempt and keep my guildies happy. It is fun and I do okay but I just don't have the time to do it. That's why Guild Wars is (imho) the suckiest PVP feature. Just out of sheer Tediousness.

Well sorry for the rant but that's where I am at with Deck Heroes right now. The lowering Shard Drop Rate and the Pettiness and Automation of the PVP is just sucking the life out of me. I may have to take a break for awhile.

The main reason I wrote this however is that because I do have a good thing to say about IGG over some other Developers. They do actually listen to their players and make the game better from time to time. I am hoping that by putting this out there and maybe getting some feedback (please don't argue Pay 2 Win though, that all got tired out in Global Chat) that maybe IGG might improve the game a little bit. Maybe have two Arenas one Auto and one Manual. That would be fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment