Monday, April 20, 2015

Deck Heroes Tournament Strategy Guide

Okay this post is really rough with just some starting tips and ideas but it will eventually become my Deck Heroes Tournament Strategy Guide. Until then I am going to keep track of my daily results here. Remember, I got started 2 weeks later than everyone else. I have not done spectacularly in the Tournament so far but I will be examining opponents decks and the like to try and figure stuff out. I do have a few useful tips below that might be helpful so check it out.

My impression so far is that The Tournament is just another game rigged for the Pay 2 Win players to get further ahead. But then again, I will eventually get a 5 star hero so that is nice. And I have 10k in Tournament Credits saved up from my hiatus so at least I can buy whatever I want for awhile.

Still, as awesome as this game is I am sick of the truly important game features being all about who can afford to buy the best deck ie. Arena, Guild Wars, and Tournament. I should be able to control how my characters enter the playing field like in maps and raids. That makes the game much more skill based and less about who can buy the best cards.

I still love the game don't get me wrong but Deck Heroes is a game where you really cant afford to waste time. Two weeks ago, I was almost a player. Now suddenly I feel like a very weak and midrange player. My winrate is still good but I am further away from being effective endgame if that makes any sense.


Deck Heroes Tournament Strategy Guide


1. Make Sure you enhance all three heroes that you use for each deck.

2. Switch your offense decks to match up better against your opponents Defense Decks. I try to line up my 4 stars with their 3 stars and If I think I can curse one of them...I will try to curse their weakest and put my 2 good decks against their good decks.

3. I am starting to wonder about the merits of having 1 great and 2 sub-optimal decks. Because the tournament seems to favor attacking (I pretty much lose every time I defend) I think it may be more optimal to create two awesome decks and 1 chump deck. Then I will just make sure my two best decks fight his weaker decks and align my chump deck with his best one.

4. I have added my Curse Deck into the mix. Now I have two solid decks and I use my Chaos Witch to hopefully pick off one my opponents 2-3 stars. I may be capped here soon until I get my Berserker however.

I may split my decks among 1 Devil Hunter Faen Deck, 1 Awesome Wight Deck and then a Balrog (level up Shadow Hex as far as I can) Curse Deck. If not I will stick with Gladiator and the best Humans that I have. I got a Seraph from the Guild Bounty so I will have my Ares as soon as I get enough shards - which with the drop rates will prolly take two weeks.

My Daily Tournament Results


April 19 2015 Ranking 7888
April 20 2015 Ranking 7291
April 21 2015 Ranking 5978
April 22 2015 Ranking 4749
April 24 2015 Ranking 3950
April 27 2015 Ranking 3650


Related Topics


5 Star Hero Tournament Breakdown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment