Friday, June 12, 2015

MTGO Red Army 1 - My First Mono Red Aggro Deck

Okay Don't Worry Deck Heroes Fans. This is still a Deck Heroes Blog. But I am beginning to dabble in Magic the Gathering. Its cheaper than deck heroes (in some ways). So this post is the deck I am working. Its mainly just notes to help me but that is how this blog started. I would have quit playing Deck Heroes if I didn't have 1000 people per day hungry for information (runes made me like DH again). If any of you play Magic Online and can help me with this deck it would be totally awesome.

If you aren't interested in Magic the Gathering or MTGO you will want to skip this post. But I promise this blog will still be mostly Deck Heroes based for the near future.

Mono Red Aggro Red





I picked this deck because in the little Magic the Gathering that I have played, I have the most experience with Red Cards (and it sounds pretty good for pretty cheap). My step-whatever he is, always gives me crappy decks built to be destroyed by the awesome deck he creates to go against it. But he did succeed in drawing me into the game. Its like crack. He gave me a couple cards and now I am hooked. Red seems to be the most straightforward though and good for noobs like me.

The list below is the Deck I am going to try first unless any of you have better (budget) suggestions. I will also post a list of other red cards I have that are possible substitutes.  MTGO is a huge niche and I doubt anyone will read this but at least I can keep my info straight.

Mono Red Army 1 Cards List


Creatures:

4 Akroan Crusader  -  0.08 
1 Arena Athlete  -  0.01
4 Firedrinker Satyr -  0.25
4 Foundry Street Denizen - 0.05
3 Frenzied Goblin -  Acquired
4 Monastery Swiftspear - 0.92 

Lands:

18 Mountain - Acquired

Spells:

4 Dragon Mantle - 0.01 
4 Hammerhand - 0.03
1 Coordinated Assault - 0.01
2 Lightning Strike - Acquired
4 Stoke the Flames - 2.21 
4 Titan's Strength - 0.04
1 Hall of Triumph - 1.80
2 Hordeling Outburst - .03


I can cut the cost down with a little patience. The Academy Quizbot might would be able to give me 3 cards a week. I have some other Red Cards that Burn stuff but I don't even know how to tell a common from a rare at this point. But if you have any advice on upgrades or alternative cards let me know. I have some more information that I am going to compile here when I have time as well.

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment