Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Deck Heroes Farming Gems and Gold

Hi Guys and Girls. I am back with a little post on how to farm Gold and Gems. My new Friend Guneet wanted me to do a post on this so I will do the best that I can. The best way to farm gold that I have found is through guild maps. The best way to farm gems is the new sky arena. But I will go into more detail below.


How to Farm Gems

I figured that I would start with gems because it is what everyone cares about most. I will go through the various methods I use to get gems below. 

Gem Farming

1. Star Membership

The Star Membership gives you the most gems for the amount of money that you have to spend. The downside is that it costs real money and you have to wait 30-31 days to collect all your gems. You may or may not want to go this option. I budget 20 dollars a month to spend on my online gaming. 10 dollars goes to my Xbox Live and 7 dollars goes to Star Membership.

That being said unless I had a really important meld that I wanted to do (IE 5 star or really rare 4 star) I would never spend money buying gems on this game. Deck Heroes is a really fun game but its worth $7 a month to me. Its not worth spending anymore on it. Rather than spending 10$ and basically getting nothing for my money, I would rather just save up and buy an Xbox game with way better graphics. But the star membership gives you 3000 gems for like 6.99 which isn't too bad a value for your money if you can afford it.

2. Sky Arena



I don't have to enough time to participate in the Sky Arena unfortunately. But the Sky Arena is the very best way that I have seen to farm gems so far. Lots of gem rewards. If you do really well you can get some great cards too. I knew people that were waking up every 2 hours to do the fights. I think that sleep deprivation for a game is a little whack but then again I don't have an Angel Prime to show for it either.


3. Regular Arena (at first)




Until you are capped, you will get quite a few gems through the regular arena. But you all probably already know this one.


4. Raids

Raids is the last really useful way that I farm gems. For every 50k glory points you collect you get about 100 gems so having a good curse deck will earn you a decent amount of gems. I am working on a post on how to advance your curse deck that I will post soon.


5. Guild Wars

Participating and doing well in guild wars is a good way to earn a few extra gems. The more you participate and the  better you do the more gems and guild credits that you get. Guild wars are boring and tedious but the rewards are huge. You can get and develop every 4 star hero in the Guild Mall from the credits you get from being in a top 100 finisher in the guild wars (top 50 is better).


5, Miscellaneous


You will get a few gems here and there for random missions like earning dungeon stars or buying them in the tournament mall. These are nice but they are basically just nickels and dimes. You can also look at the free offers in the Earn Gems portion but unless its a free reward to try out a game i might like I usually avoid these offers. Most of them are trying to farm your personal information or add spyware to your droid.



How to Farm Gold


There really are only two good ways (buying them with gems is a waste) to get gold and that is Guild Maps and Mazes. Everything else is a waste.

1. Guild Maps


The only real efficient way to get gold in deck heroes is through the guild maps. I hate to say that but it is true. That is why I recommend working on your guild map decks first. Because if you can crush guild maps then you will have the gold to meld for other things too. I am not the best at Guild Maps but I do pretty good sometimes. I am going to be doing a new post with more advanced guild cards (melded and otherwise) soon. Right now, I basically just say use Frost Ragers melded with Bless and Oracles lol. But I have learned a few more things (that i am still working on implementing) that I will share with you soon.

If you need a guild you are welcome to join mine. At the time of this post we almost have map 1 open. But we have some high levels and good energy contributors. Maps will open up quickly after the first one and if its a week or two down the line from when this post was written, I expect to have multiple maps open by then.

2. Mazes 


Mazes give you a pretty decent amount of gold. I usually only do a maze once a day for the Coupon. But you get some good creatures from mazes too from time to time especially Dark Witches. In general though, I only do one maze a day unless it's 2x Maze XP day, I am farming Ultima Chests, or I am just so bored of farming shards that I want to have fun and burn up my energy.

Well there are my favorite ways to earn gems and gold. There may  be ways I forgot. So if you have any suggestions, please feel free as always to comment. I hope I wrote a good post here and didnt miss too many things. I know I probably missed a couple.


Related Topics

How to spend gems
Free Gems in Deck Heroes

5 comments:

  1. Good post. Will be interesting to see how frequently the sky arena event occurs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting some good tips..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for Reading guys I really appreciate it. I hope that it helped

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the sleep deprivation method of sky arena and still only made half of my gem grabs. Any deck advice for this

    ReplyDelete