Saturday, July 18, 2015

Guild of Dungeoneering Beginner Strategy Cat Burglar

At first glance, I thought that the cat burglar really sucked but then I went back through using my new exploit to optimize my gear and I really like this guy. I still think the Bruiser is far superior early game but with the right loot and strategy, the Cat Burglar can actually inflict large amounts of damage quickly. I can see the Cat Burglar being more useful midgame due to his mix of Physical and Magic cards.

The main difference between the Bruiser and the Cat is that you will find yourself in more marginal situations with the Cat Burglar versus certain mobs or leaders.

But really as long as you level yourself up to one level above the raid boss and make sure you have the loot that is optimal for your dungeoneer for that dungeon you will be in really good shape.

Beginners Tip


If you choose a magic dungeoneer early on you will want to wear loot that gives the ability to block and counter physical damage. You don't need a full set mind you but you will want to be able to counter some of the more potent physical damage cards like Headbutt, Neurotoxin etc.

Once I got the hang of the Cat Burglar, he really seemed overpowered. Even more so than the bruiser. I almost died a couple times getting there but he has a lot more magic and physical damage than the bruiser. He can really inflict some pain and do it fast.

The Bruiser however is like a safety blanket. He quietly blocks damage and slowly inflicts it back upon his enemy with his spikey damage. Barring some freaky fountain debuff or really bad draw this guy will clear the Goblin Warlord with ease.

So far the Apprentice and the Mime have been the most difficult to play early game. But now that they fixed the save slot bug, I can play around with them more easily. I just haven't had time. It might be a couple days before I get to them because I got my eye on some of the Advanced Dungeoneers that are now only one map away from achievement.

My wife says I have to do stuff but check back to this post. I will post some of the best loot for early game and add some combos soon. Unlike the Bruiser, the Cat Burglar really relies on combos more than counters. Block is the wheelhouse of the Bruiser. Inflicting large amounts of damage at the right time is the Cat Burglars.


No comments:

Post a Comment